Suliman Pasha Mosque is one of the most beautiful of all the mosques situated in the Citadel. It was built in 1528 by the governor for the use of the Janissaries quartered in the northern enclosure. It is located in the northern side of the Citadel. Suliman Al Khadim was a castrated court who gradually became a Wali (ruler).
Suliman Pasha Mosque is essentially Ottoman in plan and profile. The prayer hall adopts the Ottoman T-form variant and is covered by a shallow central dome in the Ottoman manner, flanked by 3 semidomes. From outside the mosque, it looks ruined, but the inner part of it is very beautiful with a mixture of simplicity and ornamentation.