El Gawhara Palace, one of the palaces in the Citadel of Saladin and the Mosque of Muhammad Ali Mosque or Muhammad Ali Castle, the Palace was built mainly to be a home for Muhammad Ali wife and it was established in 1814.
This museum was built during the period from 1811 AD to 1814 AD, it was the headquarters for the government and official meetings. This is the oldest official palace for the former governors of Egypt until 1874, the palace has a number of halls and rooms, some of which still furnished with art paintings represented on the walls and ceilings.
The main lobby of the museum is located at the entrance to the palace and houses a collection of gifts that was given to Muhammad Ali Basha from the rulers of Europe. This lobby leads to leads to rooms including vases and metal artifacts and rare antique watches and Candle Holders.